Mar 4, 2019

The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday Challenge #355



Hello my crafty friends and welcome to TCP Tuesday Challenge at The Cat's Pajamas. The challenge this month is called Envie Envy.  The idea is to decorate an envelope.  Who wouldn't like to receive an envelope with a hint of what is inside?   If you don't already decorate your envelopes you should give it a try. It's addicting!  If I'm in a hurry I will just add a strip of washi tape at the bottom of my envelope, but I really love to add some coordinating color.  

 


I've been playing with Distress Oxide Inks lately, so I decided to go with a watercolor look.  I chose the Big Blooms stamp set, which was perfect for this technique. To achieve this look, I used a paint brush to dampen the watercolor paper, inked up my stamps, then stamped them onto the wet paper.  The more water you apply to your paper, the less focused your stamped image will be. After drying with a heat gun I used a water brush to apply the background.  After drying that layer of ink, I used the Dots CutUps die as a stencil and applied a light wash of ink with a watercolor brush.  Using a heat gun to dry between layers of watercolor allows you to layer color without all of the colors running together.
I cut the base card from watercolor paper and used a watercolor brush to apply the background color.  

I created the envelope from watercolor paper, but used a slightly different technique.  Instead of getting the paper wet, I applied ink to the stamps.  I then spritzed the stamp with a water bottle and was able to stamp several images without reapplying the ink.  I again used the Dots CutUps die as a stencil to apply ink to the envelope.  

Easy Peasy! I know, I know, that was cheesy.  Ha! I crack myself up sometimes!

If you'd like to play along with the Challenge, here's how it works:

  • Each month a new challenge will be posted on The Cat’s Pajamas blog and our Facebook page.
  •  
  • Upload your creation to The Cat’s Pajamas blog page using the InLinkz button provided.
  •  
  • You are not required to use a Cat’s Pajamas stamp or die but if you have them we would love to see them.
  •  
  • On the day of the next challenge the winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and will receive a Cat Cash Voucher for $50. 

See you soon!  Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. So, leave me a comment.